THIS PRODUCT CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Fight skin aging with new La Roche Posay Derm AOX Serum! This novel treatment battles two major causes of skin aging: glycation and oxidation. It is the 1st Anti-Glycation + Anti-Oxidation Serum. DERM AOX inhibits the glycation process and protects against cell oxidation to - slow the skin aging process, smooth wrinkles and restore radiance.
La Roche Posay's Derm AOX combines three ingredients, chosen for their unique abilities to combat glycation and oxidation:
- Carnosine (anti-glycation action): A molecule stemming from diabetes research, carnosine works like a 'magnet' to attract sugar molecules away from collagen fibers, helping to prevent the skin’s matrix from stiffening and thus maintaining skin’s suppleness. Studies have shown that carnosine can inhibit the glycation process by 33%
- Pycnogenol (anti-oxidant action): A maritime pine extract, it is one of the world’s most powerful anti-oxidants. It neutralizes free radicals and helps protect skin cells from damage.
- Vitamin C (anti-oxidant action): A powerful anti-oxidant, it helps neutralize chain reactions triggered by free radicals. Vitamin C also helps restore skin structure, smooth skin texture and increase radiance.
Benefits: (as shown in various studies)
- Slows the skin aging process - inhibits the glycation process by 33%
- Reduces oxidative stress (oxidation) by 49%
- Smoothes wrinkles - 77% of test patients demonstrated a significant reduction in the appearance of crow's feet wrinkles
- Restores radiance - 90% of test patients demonstrated a significant improvement in skin's radiance
- Fresh, hydrating gel serum
- Paraben-free, non-comedogenic
- Hypoallergenic fragrance
What Is Glycation?
Glycation occurs when sugar molecules that are naturally present in the skin adhere to collagen and elastin fibers, causing them to harden. As the skin ages, these sugar molecules create rigid bridges between fibers, called Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs). AGEs, in turn stiffen the entire internal structure of the skin, making it brittle. The result is skin that lacks in suppleness leading to the development of wrinkles.
What Is Oxidation?
The sun, pollution and stress can all trigger the development of free radicals in the skin. This leads to an oxidative chain reaction in the skin and can result in damage to cell DNA. This damage (similar to rusting) causes cell renewal to slow down. The result is a loss of radiance and vitality in the skin.
*Note that due to its ingredients, the serum may darken with time. This neither alters the efficacy nor the tolerance of the formula.
Apply morning and/or evening on a thoroughly cleansed face and neck.
Correct wrinkles and fine lines on dry skin.
Water, Glycerin, PEG-20, Mis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Vinyl Dimethicone/methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Limanthes Alba Seed Oil/Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Carnosine, Ascorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol, Tocopherol, Sodium Styrene/Ma Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyl Taurate, Pinus Pinaster Extract, Pinus Pinaster Bark/Bud Extract, Xanthan Gum, Pentasodium Ethylenediamine Tetramethylene Phosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Parfum/Fragrance.
Laroche-Posay Laboratoire (Otc)