THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BY THE MANUFACTURER
Reversa Skin Firming Gel-Cream helps restore the skin’s firmness and natural elasticity. It features a unique combination of natural soy extract rich in isoflavones and a special blend of pea extract, hydrolyzed ulva lactuca extract and wild yam root extract. These three botanical anti-wrinkle agents stimulate the production of collagen and elastin and help strengthen the skin’s support tissue while guarding against its deterioration.
In addition to improving skin elasticity and firmness, this light, non-greasy formula contains moisturizing ingredients and special emollients—including vitamin E and glycerin—which provide long-lasting skin hydration and help prevent dryness. It is especially effective in pre-menopausal and menopausal women.
- Overall smoother skin
- Improved elasticity and firmness of the skin
- Improved skin hydration
- Reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
1. Soy isoflavones - derived from soy and help keep skin young looking. Some studies have demonstrated that diets rich in soy products, as they are in Asian countries, are closely linked to lower incidences of breast cancer and cancer of the uterus, cardiovascular disease and postmenopausal symptoms. It is thought that these properties may be due to isoflavones, a class of plant compound that is particularly abundant in soybeans. Isoflavones interfere with cell metabolism. In the skin, they’ve been shown to stimulate the production of the skin’s structural components (collagens) and to inhibit matrix metallo-proteinases (enzymes that degrade the underlying network of proteins that make up the skin’s support layer).
2. Pea Extract - an active botanical extract derived from seeds of Pisum sativum L., pea extract keeps specific enzymes known as proteases from degrading skin proteins such as collagen and elastin which are responsible for giving skin its firmness and elasticity. It can therefore protect collagen and elastin against the damaging effects of proteases activated by aging and through different types of skin abuse (UV, chemical, immunological, etc.).
Used in skin care products, pea extract acts as an anti-enzyme complex and gives the skin ifirmness and elasticity. A clinical study has demonstrated significant improvement in skin elasticity (+16.7%) after just three weeks of treatment.
3. Sea Algae Extract (hydrolyzed Ulva lactuca extract) - the green seaweed AOSA (Ulva lactuca) is found in the turbulent waters of the Brehat Archipelago. Though fragile in appearance, it withstands the waves thanks to a network of elastic fibres that are similar to human elastin.
Elastin is the main component of the skin’s elastic fibres and is particularly rich in proline, glycine and lysine, much like sea algae extract. Its role in skin care products is to prevent the collagen and elastin from degrading by inhibiting the activity of the elastase enzyme known to deteriorate elastin. It is a vegetal substitute for elastin that helps maintain elasticity in the skin’s support fibres and stimulates the production of new collagen.
4. Vitamin E (tocopheryl acetate) - the central role of vitamin E acetate is as an antioxidant. There is considerable evidence that topically applied vitamin E plays a critical role in protecting body cells and tissues from damage caused by the free radicals generated by natural body processes and environmental stresses.
Topical application is extremely important, because only low levels of vitamin E are present in the epidermis and dermis. Vitamin E is depleted by UV light and ozone. Its most important attributes are that it:
- moisturizes skin from within
- cumulatively enhances skin smoothness
- soothes and aids in tissue repair (wound healing)
- protects skin from environmental stress
- helps block lipid peroxidation (which can cause cell membrane damage)
- through its in vivo antioxidant function
- reduces UV-induced damage
- (helps enhance the performance of UV blockers in skin care products)
- helps protect against ozone
- lowers erythema (redness), edema and skin sensitivity following UVB exposure
Before applying Reversa Skin Firming Gel-Cream, make sure your skin is clean and dry. Apply to face and neck in the morning. This cream is effective alone or under makeup. For optimal results, it's recommended that you apply a sunscreen over the cream to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol & Cetearyl Glucoside, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate & Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer & Squalane & Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane & Dimethiconol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lecithin & Soy Isoflavones & Polysorbate 80 & Alcohol, Oleyl Alcohol & Dioscorea Villosa (Wild Yam) Root Extract & Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Hydrolysed Ulva Lactuca Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate, Diazolidinyl Urea & Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol & Methylparaben & Butylparaben & Ethylparaben & Propylparaben & Isobutylparaben, Disodium EDTA, FD&C Red No. 4.