New Dermatix Ultra Advanced Scar Treatment replaces Dermatix C with an improved formulation to help visibly reduce scars.
From Valeant Canada Dermatix Ultra Advanced Scar Treatment is a transparent, fast-drying silicone gel with unique qualities to make it very different from other silicone formulations. Dermatix Ultra Advanced Scar Treatment represents a new, unique combination of silicone that combines cyclopentasiloxane to produce a more esthetically pleasing scar treatment leaving a soft silky feel to the skin. Unlike other formulations, it does not leave a greasy residue or tacky feel. Dermatix Ultra Advanced Scar Treatment also contains an exclusive Vitamin C ester, a stable form of vitamin C that reinforces the product’s protective and reconstructive effects providing it with a clear advantage over silicone sheets.
Dermatix Ultra Advanced Scar Treatment is effective for the management and prevention of hypertrophic and keloid scars. Dermatix Ultra Advanced Scar Treatment has also been successfully used to manage scars resulting from trauma, burns and surgery. Although it is best to use on new scars (under six months), improvement has been shown with older scars as well.
Dermatix Ultra Advanced Scar Treatment has been shown to flatten, soften and smooth scars, and can relieve the itching and discomfort as well as reducing the discoloration associated with some scars.
- Transparent, fast drying, unique silicone gel formulation
- Flatten, softens and smooths hypertrophic and keloid scars, reduces itching and discomfort
- New silicone technology using cyclopentosiloxane that leaves a silky, soft feel without any greasy or tacky feeling
- Invisible, odorless, non-greasy gel
- Supported with clinical and animal data that proves statistical significance in reducing scars
- Well tolerated and suitable for both children and adults
- Can be used under makeup and under clothing because it will not stain
- Self-dries to invisible sheet
- Can be used on old and new scars
- Provides elastic protection
- Ideal for irregular skin/scar surfaces and moving parts (joints, face, etc)
- Direct continuous contact with skin provides improved scar management
Use Dermatix Ultra Advanced Scar Treatment to treat scars as a result of:
- cosmetic surgery
- dermabrasion or laser treatment
- a burn or wound
- skin problems such as those stemming from chickenpox
Dermatix gel is very simple to apply and should be used at least twice a day:
Step 1: Clean the area to be treated with mild soap and water, pat dry.
Step 2: Gently massage a small amount of Dermatix gel over the affected skin.
Step 3: Allow to dry for 4–5 minutes before covering with clothing or make-up.
If Dermatix gel has not dried within 4–5 minutes, you may have used too much: remove the excess and allow the drying process to continue.
The recommended minimum duration of treatment is two months. Continue to use Dermatix for as long as benefits are experienced.
Dermatix is used for the treatment of keloids and hypertrophic scars (such as those resulting from general surgical procedures, trauma wounds and burns), after the wound has healed and the skin surface is intact.
Dermatix can also be used on children.
Dermatix should not be applied to open or fresh wounds, third degree burns, or in areas underlying dermatological conditions.
Dermatix should not be placed in contact with mucous membranes, or applied too close to the eyes.
Dermatix should not be applied over antibiotic skin preparations or other skin treatments and/or products.
Dermatix should be applied to clean, dry skin only.
Rarely, the gel may cause redness, pain or irritation to the skin. If you are concerned about these or any other unwanted effects, consult your pharmacist or doctor.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate.